Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 9 of the 21 day fix!

Today marks Day 9 on the 21 day fix! I feel like I've finally gotten into the routine of the program and I'm a huge fan of a system.  I've lost about 5 pounds already so I can't wait to see what the rest of the fix will consist of.

This program really is different because of the portion control.  It comes with color coded containers that you are allowed to fill up a certain amount of times per day with foods from a corresponding list.  My hardest container to fill is surprisingly carbs.  Protein I had been eating close to the required amount and then vegetables I had always eaten over the allotted amount.  I love knowing that if it fits in the container I can eat it.  The biggest challenge for me personally is that the purple container (fruits) can only be filled up twice a day.  I personally ADORE fruits (especially strawberries) and this limits it.  On weight watchers all fruits were considered "zero" points and to go from having as much as I want to only have two servings a day has been an adjustment.  The really great thing about this system is that you have exactly the right amount of healthy fats.  I could gush on and on about how great the portion control is but the bottom line is that I feel such a significant difference when fueling my body with the proper nutrients.

Well I'm off to do the lower fix and the 10 minute abs fix.

Hope you're rocking your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment