Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Back to normal!

The past month feels like it has been a whirlwind.  I went through the stress of finishing up the toughest semester I've ever encountered to visiting my family in California and then back home to catch up with old special friends and soak up as much summer as possible before my summer semester started.  I had weeks where I had no control over what my food options would be and didn't always know how I would squeeze in my next workout.

I struggled with this because I know that whatever I eat has a direct impact on how I feel and how I look.  I've never felt the consequences of you are what you eat until the past few weeks.  My body has become accustomed to processing as few processed foods as possible and maintaining a balance with real whole foods.  Shopping the outskirts of the grocery stores is pretty much my motto and I'm never quite as happy as when I have a bowl full of fresh fruits and veggies.  I felt the significant difference in my endurance level during the times I ate normally and the times I had one too many cheat days.  The real whole unprocessed foods give me more energy and help fuel my body with the right nutrients.  Some of my friends might make fun of me for not eating the way they do but I've reached the point where I know if I eat crap, I feel like crap, and not feeling like crap is so much better.  I'm still a fan of the occasional cheat day (because let's face it, we all need it for sanity).  Throughout this time I just did my best to eat as close to normal as possible and mostly followed the 21 day fix guidelines.

Scheduling my workouts are part of my routine and are most definitely my happy time where I'm in my happy place.  It gives me energy and piece of mind that if I just tackled that I can tackle anything else that may come my way.  Knowing I just nailed whatever pose Tony happens to throw at me and I did my best is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.  Part of my tackle the world mentality comes from the feeling of conquering a difficult workout which feels near impossible to do after I ate things that strayed from my norm. Whenever I came back to school I felt myself let out a sigh of relief because it meant that I could get back to my normal routine and I could go back to feeling better and knowing exactly what was going into my body.  I started jumping up and down once I got to the grocery store and started grabbing all my usual items.

I'm on week 1 of month 2 of P90x3 and the challenges in these new workouts fill me with extra energy and I cannot wait to see what happens! I'm also trying to convince a few people to join me in the 21 day fix eating plan to accelerate my results just a little more.

Here's to the new adventures waiting to be had!

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment