Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mixing it up!

And tomorrow marks the last day of month 2 in P90x3! This month has been a month of being sore in all the right places and trying new things to try and spice things up a little.  Sticking to my routine is never easy especially whenever I feel like my efforts aren't going as quickly as I would like them to.  Even when it's hard I know that sticking to my routine and pushing through is the only thing that will help me get the results I'm hoping to get.  I've been experimenting with mainly eating around the same 21 day fix eating plan while finding a way to make it easy enough to incorporate into my lifestyle.  While I experimented I found two recipes that I've perfected and naturally have to share!

I have a sweet tooth.  Ice cream has been my weakness for as long as I can remember and now I can finally eat it without feeling guilty :) 

Mix one packet/scoop of Chocolate Shakeology with 1 tablespoon on almond butter, 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (I use 30 calorie unsweetened), a full banana, and 1 cup of ice in the blender.  Then put it in a separate container and freeze for 2 hours.  This makes a lot of an extremely delicious "splurge" that I don't feel the least bit guilty about! Especially whenever all I need is a little chocolate. Next time I might only try for 1/2 a banana.  It also made a delicious slushy for this afternoon that packed in protein AND chocolate.

This morning I also managed to "perfect" my version of pancakes! I put 1 banana, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup of oatmeal in the blender and cooked it in some coconut oil spray.  The results were delicious and I couldn't image a better way to start my new tradition of pancake Saturday!

I'm excited to start off month 3 of P90x3 and see what else will happen as I keep eating right and powering through!  Even though my results aren't as fast as I would like them, how good I feel is something that absolutely cannot be replaced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment