Saturday, February 27, 2016

Round 1= DONE

"Regular fitness creates a diametric shift in attitude about who you are and how you can impact others.  It brings great job and happiness to life.  If you aren't afraid to struggle a little bit a few times a week, you develop a different perspective then people who don't. That's the nature of the work and the discipline." - Tony Horton

                                     

And with that the last stretch Round 1 of Hammer and Chisel is done!

I am still absolutely blown away with the after effects of Round 1.



I found a balance.  I love lifting heavy.  I love jumping.  I crave moving my body athletically and knowing I can crush it.  This program gave me compound movements that utilized every muscle in my body and left my sore in all the right places.  This program gave me the nutrition tools I needed to help me dial it in and finally get serious.  Committing to the workouts is the easy part for me.  Starting my day with this every day as a hot sweaty mess helps me find a balance and a focus throughout the rest of the day.  I'm so close to a real pull up and chin up.  Using the chin-up max was the absolute best thing I could have ever done to build my strength and challenge myself more than I even knew I could.

Committing to the eating plan was challenging but I've loved every second of it.  I feel both the mental and physical strength that comes with controlling what goes on your plate.  I'm looking forward to finding a balance.  I love the 85% clean 15% dirty rule and the best part is I don't feel controlled by food anymore.  I used to feel restricted and controlled by making sure the right amount of food is in my body at all times.  Food has become my fuel throughout this program.  I know what to eat and when to eat and how much to get the results.  I used to stress about making sure I had enough fuel in my tank for whatever workout I have planned but this has changed my gears and I'm more concerned with making sure it's the right food in my tank because that can get me through anything.

The most important thing I've gained from this program is a new kind of self love.  Even though I lost my initial 30 pounds I rarely felt comfortable in my own skin.  I always felt out of place and I was rarely comfortable in my own clothes.  About a month into this program those feelings completely evaporated and now I love that I'm healthy, my clothes feel amazing, and I feel like I can rock any outfit I choose.

It's a lifestyle change.  I knew I needed something specific to latch on to and figure out what works for me.  I don't feel deprived in any way shape or form.  I eat well.  I eat often.  I eat a lot.



Progress not perfection.  It won't happen over night.  I got frustrated for not seeing results like other people.  I got frustrated that I felt I was still in the same place.  Then I compared the side by sides.  I compared my number of reps and my max weight.  I beat myself.  I stepped back a hot second and realized I was being way too hard on myself.  It's a constant decision to be the best version of myself that I can be and I plan on winning every single day.  It started with a simple step and simple changes.  If you're looking to take that next step I'd love to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment