Thursday, July 3, 2014

Step by step

Today was my first true "day off" from school since I cannot remember.  I kicked it off with some Triometrics (talk about hurt so good!) and then spent time at the pool and even treated myself to a pedicure.  It was one of those things that I knew my body needed to do.  After my qualifying exams in August I'm pretty sure my body will want a massage ;).  But seriously, listening to my body is one of the biggest things I've learned throughout this journey.  Taking care of your health is more than just exercising.  It's slowing down and feeding yourself with the proper nutrients and essentials to help give you energy!  It's also knowing when to power through a few aches and pains and when to dig a little deeper to help you get the results you want.  It's about remaining consistent and pushing through.  Often I've reached the point where I feel like things are happening and I know I'm on the brink of something big.  At that point I think I can start slacking and giving into temptations but the answer is no! I know I'll feel better if I resist those cravings because my goals last longer than any craving.  

Now for the turkey burger recipe! Talk about delicious and filling! I mixed 1 container of Laura's extra lean ground turkey with some worchester sauce, diced onions, spinach, tony's, and garlic powder and divided it into 4 patties.  I cooked each one of my miniature George Forman Grill for about 7 minutes and I could not be happier with how they turned out!  Tonight easily became one of my favorite meals to prepare.  Paired with leftover broccoli and sweet potatoes made for something so simple and filling and not to mentioned delicious! #EatCleanTrainDirty
I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

Keep rocking it!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment