Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands.

Happy people & endorphins.  Two things I absolutely cannot get enough of! Elle Woods makes an excellent point that has stuck with many people.  Anytime I feel stressed or upset about something I know that my daily sweat session will make it all seem better.  I feel as if every drop of sweat represents my troubles literally melting away.  Seriously.  I know it's corny and cheesy but the world looks like an even more beautiful place after I wipe off some of that hard earned sweat.  And for anyone who knows me, it's pretty hard to make the world an even more beautiful place because I'm already pretty inspired and in awe by even the smallest thing.  Over the past week I feel like I have really come to relax and take in more of the beauty in my surroundings.  It's amazing what a little quiet time can do.

Another thing that makes me happy is obviously food.  Good food at that.  Especially food where I know it'll give me the kind of energy I crave to tackle that next workout or emotionally push myself through a hard situation.  This week I actually had time to make a full grocery list (which I promptly forgot on my desk before going to the store) and do a little more meal prep ideas than normal.  I made my own version of a turkey burger and it was so easy and simple that I am never going back to paying for processed turkey burgers.  I know many people say but that takes so much time but honestly the part that took the longest was limited by the size of my George Foreman Grill.  I'll post pictures after I take a few (they taste even BETTER the next day) along with the recipe I modified in case you'd like to give it a try.

Now for a confession.  I feel like I've alluded to this before but I am a complete diva when it comes to running. I absolutely despise the treadmill.  I cannot stand to run if it's over 78 degrees and I often talk myself out of it.  Yesterday I went walking on a shaded trail with a friend and it was 94 degrees.  Literally.  The entire time.  I had done MMX from P90x3 before and when we started the walk we got so busy talking we forgot we were supposed to run first.  We had power walked the first 3 miles and decided to run/jog the last mile back.  Lesson learned: always run first.  This is something I know I struggle with but I will get better! I almost say give me weights or a spin class or anything but running but I am determined to turn that weakness into a strength.  I'm signing up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon this month and if knowing I'm going to run through Disney World isn't motivation, I have no idea what is.

How did you get your endorphins today? Did you push yourself to a new limit? Did you try something you've always wanted to do but never actually did?

Here's to endorphins, happy people, and showing your strength everyday!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment