Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wait did I just read Eggplant fries!?

After monkeying around on Pinterest for new recipes (obviously being super productive this weekend) I found a recipe for eggplant fries.  I knew that was a food I needed to start eating more of so I decided to give it a try.  Yesterday after an incredible trip to Trader Joes (grocery shopping honestly could not make me happier than it does) I knew tonight was the night to try making eggplant fries.  It was a success! I washed then sliced the eggplant into fry like sizes and seasoned with a tad of olive oil (I realized after that coconut oil would have tasted better so next time!) and Tony's and garlic powder and popped them in at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.  I paired them with homemade hamburgers and sautéed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers.


Tonight I also signed up for my first half marathon! I cannot wait to begin training and conquer this new challenge.  I know it's something different and exciting that will give me the extra push I need to motivate myself.  

These next two weeks are the last of P90x3 and I feel like I've finally got my eating balanced and I can't wait to see what else is in store :)

Here's to new challenges and exciting times to come!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment