Sunday, July 27, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Bread!

Banana Bread has been one of my favorite things to make for as long as I can remember.  Today my mom looked at 2 perfectly overripe bananas and gave a little nudge to make some banana bread.  It didn't take much especially since I already had a recipe on hand I wanted to try.  I modified a few things but the end result was definitely something delicious that I don't feel guilty about.  It was a big hit and I know next time I'll make it into muffins :)



For my batter I used:
- 1 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter (you could also use almond butter)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk (I use the Silk Unsweetened Regular that has 30 calories a serving)

I mixed all of the ingredients into my KitchenAid (I hadn't used it in so long so it had a little dust on it) and then into a lightly sprayed 8x8 in pan.  I popped it into the oven for 33 minutes at 375 degrees.

My little brother has already gone back for thirds and I doubt it'll last with any leftovers to get them through the drive home tomorrow ;)

Here's to a great week coming up with lots of goals to accomplish! Starting Thursday I'm also trying out Beachbody's new product- the 3 day Refresh.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment